Participants on the 2014 Pacing 4 Parkinson's Team:
5k: 168 participants
Half Marathon: 93 participants
Marathon: 32 participants
Relay: 34 participants
Kids Fun Run: 3 participants
Registration for the Baltimore Running Festival through P4P is CLOSED. Individuals who would like to fundraise for P4P are still encouraged to sign up.
Parkinson's disease is the second most common neurodegenerative brain disorder and affects more than half a million people in the U.S., with 50,000-60,000 new cases each year. It progresses slowly and typically impacts people between the ages of 55 and 65. This disease gradually strips away motor abilities, leaving patients with a slow gait, rigid limbs, tremor, shuffling, and a lack of balance.
Our team consists of a diverse group of runners and walkers who are dedicated to fight Parkinson's disease. Over the past 5 years, P4P has raised over $400,000 for Parkinson's care, research, and education at Johns Hopkins. Funds from P4P 2013 helped support:
- The development of new research initiatives
- The implementation of an electronic community newsletter
- The expansion of the paper newsletter, Parkinson's Digest
- The Global Telemedicine Clinic for Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's disease 101 and 201 education programs and the expansion of these programs to rural areas and underserved communities
- Addition of two caregiver support groups
- Support to other regional support groups
- Community symposiums
Support Pacing for Parkinson's by joining the team or donating to a participant.
Click here to login to your account and edit your personal page